Buy SSL Certificate
Trouble registering with SYP Alerts?
The quick sign up form on the home page
- The quick sign up form on the front page is the quickest and simplest way to sign up, but it may not work with some older internet browsers.
- Submit the form by clicking "Send me local updates" at the bottom of the form.
- If nothing happens, check that all the boxes are filled out, and that you have ticked both the tick boxes.
- You need to tick two tick boxes - one to accept the terms and conditions, and the other (much larger) tick box that says "I'm not a robot".
- If you forget to tick the terms and conditions box the words will turn red to let remind you to tick it.
- If you get an error message that says: "Please complete the reCAPTCHA" you have not ticked the box to say "I'm not a robot". This box helps us to prevent spam.
- Occasionally (usually on a mobile phone or tablet), you may be asked to identify some pictures of grass or food. This is to prove that you are a real person signing up and not a computer, and will help prevent spam.
Page 2 of the quick sign up form
- You must enter an address - either from the drop down list, or by clicking "my address is not here" so that we can identify where you live and give you news that is appropriate to your area.
- Once you have finished filling in the form, you must click "complete registration". This is a light grey box at the bottom of the form. On some screens it can be difficult to see.
- Some people are getting a message to say that they are already registered on the network.
SYP Alerts is one of a number of similar sites that all use the same
Neigbourhood Alert system. This includes Neighbourhood Watch (Our Watch); Action Fraud Alert; and Thames Valley Alert. As long as you are registered with one of these sites, you will receive messages that are relevant to your area. Unfortunately your username and password do not work across different sites - you need to log in on the site you originally joined. You can find a full list of all the areas on the Neighbourhood Alert website. If you are having problems logging in to one of the other sites, please contact VISAV (the company providing the system) by emailing email@example.com or calling 0115 924 5517.
Alternative sign up form
Not received your verification email?
- The email will be sent from "firstname.lastname@example.org" rather than SYP Alerts.
- Your email provider may have marked the email as spam (unwanted email). If you have a spam folder or junk folder, check to see if the email is in there. You may also need to tell your email system that you want to receive these emails.
- If, after five minutes, the email hasn't appeared in your inbox, junk or spam folders, please email email@example.com or call us on 0115 9245 517 (office hours only).
How secure is the system?
The system has been verified by Cyber Essentials Plus - this means an independent assessor attempts to target the site to prove the effectiveness of the protections in place.